Baby Bear Sees Blue by Ashley Wolff. Beach Lane / Simon & Schuster, 2012
1. What are some things Baby Bear sees throughout the day? What are some things you see when you wake up in the morning?
2. What colors can we find outside (go on a color walk/draw pictures of all the colors you see)
3. What are some colors you can eat?
Small Bunny’s Blue Blanket by Tayana Feeney. Alfred A. Knopf, 2012
1. How does Small Bunny feel about his blue blanket? How can you tell? What do you love?
2. What is something Small Bunny likes to do in the story? Do you like to ____________? (fill in based on child’s response to first question)
3. What do you find it hard to wait for?
Poems to pair from Here’s a Little Poem: A Very First Book of Poetry edited by Jane Yolen and Andrew Fusek Peters. Illustrated by Polly Dunbar. U.S. edition: Candlewick Press, 2007:
“Sleepy Song” by Clare Bevan, p. 92
“Silverly” by Dennis Lee, pp. 94-95