1. What are some examples of the ways the No. 1 car spotter “works smart, not hard”? What are some examples of the ways he is good at problem-solving?
2. How do the different people in the village contribute to the success of everyone? Additionally, how do you contribute to your community?
3. On page 14 Grandfather says, “Nobody is good at everything, No. 1…You are the No. 1 car spotter. That is enough.” Is this a true statement? Why or why not?
Tua and the Elephant by R.P. Harris. Illustrated by Taeeun Yoo. Chronicle Books, 2012.
1. Describe Nak and Nang. How are they the same and how they different?
2. Who are some of the people who help Tua and Pohn-Pohn on their journey? How do they help?
3. What is a sanctuary? Why is it important for Tua and Pohn-Pohn get there?
Both of these books are set in faraway places and have a strong sense of community. How are No. 1 and Tua similar?