Dog in Boots by Greg Gormley. Illustrated by Roberta Angaramo. Holiday House, 2011
1. Why do you think all the different kinds of boots and shoes and other things Dog tries aren’t right for him?
2. Do you think you can do everything with your bare feet that Dog can do with his paws? Why or why not?
3. Which of the footwear Dog tries do you like the best? Why?
I’m the Best by Lucy Cousins. U.S. edition: Candlewick Press, 2010
1. Why do you think Dog shows off and brags?
2. In what ways do you think that Dog is a good friend?
3. In what ways do you think Ladybug, Mole, Goose, and Donkey are good friends?
Poems to pair from Here’s a Little Poem: A Very First Book of Poetry edited by Jane Yolen and Andrew Fusek Peters. Illustrated by Polly Dunbar. U.S. edition: Candlewick Press, 2007:
“Dressing Too Quickly” by Jill Townsend, p. 14
“My Puppy” by Aileen Fisher, p. 36