Fiesta Babies / Anna Hibiscus’ SongFebruary 1st, 2013 | Posted by in Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers | February | 2012-2013
Fiesta Babies by Carmen Tafolla. Illustrated by Amy Córdova. Tricycle Press, 2010
1. A fiesta is a party. Let’s find at all the party things happening in the book (e.g, dancing, eating, singing)
2. Adult: Give shakers and streamers or ribbons to create a (supervised) fiesta.
3. Adult: Play upbeat dancing music and ask children to dance after reading the book together (you can read the book while they dance, too!)
Anna Hibiscus’ Song by Atinuke. Illustrated by Lauren Tobias. U.S. edition: Kane Miller, 2011
1. What are some things you like to do when you are happy?
2. What are some of the things the people in Anna’s family do when they are happy?
3. Anna lives with her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Who do you live with? Who else is in your family?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.