Green / Animal Spots and StripesMarch 1st, 2014 | Posted by in Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers | 2013-2014 | March
Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger. A Neal Porter Book / Roaring Brook Press, 2012
1. What kind of green would you call a blade of grass? How about a shirt that you love?
2. What are other green things you can think of?
3. What do you think is meant by “forever green” on the book’s final pages?
Animal Spots and Stripes by Britta Teckentrup. Handprint Books, 2012
1. Let’s find all the animals with spots in the book. Now let’s find all the animals with stripes.
2. If you could choose between having spots or stripes, which would you want to have? Why?
3. Let’s count the _________! (name the specific creatures on each page)
Poems to pair from Here’s a Little Poem: A Very First Book of Poetry edited by Jane Yolen and Andrew Fusek Peters. Illustrated by Polly Dunbar. U.S. edition: Candlewick Press, 2007 :
“Soggy Greens” by John Cunliffe, p. 19
“Recipe for Green” by Jane Yolen, pp. 54-55
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.