Rain School / Our SeasonsSeptember 1st, 2013 | Posted by in September | Primary (Grades K-2) | 2013-2014
Rain School by James Rumford. Houghton Mifflin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2010
1. Why is Thomas so excited to be starting school? What are you looking forward to this year at school?
2. What are three things about Thomas’s school in the story that are similar to our/your school?
3. What are three things about Thomas’s school in the story that are different from our/your school?
Our Seasons by Ranida T. McKneally. Ill by Grace Lin. Charlesbridge, 2006
1. What is your favorite season? What is something you learned about your favorite season from this book?
2. Which did you like reading/listening to more? The facts about each season or the poems Why?
3. The illustrations in the book show what is happening in each of the poems. How do the poems and illustrations connect to the information/facts on each page?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.