Once I Ate a Pie / Wolf PieFebruary 1st, 2014 | Posted by in Primary (Grades K-2) | 2013-2014 | February
Once I Ate a Pie by Patricia Maclachlan and Emily Maclachlan. Illustrated by Katy Schneider. HarperCollins, 2006
1. If you could have one of the dogs in this book as a pet, which one would you pick and why?
2. Why do you think some of the words in the poems look different—bigger or bolder or with letters that aren’t in a straight line?
3. We learn something about each of the dogs in the poems. For example, Gus likes his people in a group. Mr. Beefy likes to eat. Darla likes people but not other dogs. If you were going to write a poem about you, what is something you would want us to know about yourself? Do you think it would be a funny poem? A serious or sad poem? Why?
Wolf Pie by Brenda Seabrooke. Illustrated by Liz Callen. Clarion, 2010
1. Were you surprised by how the wolf in the story behaved? Why or why not?
2. What are ways Wilfong proves he is a true friend?
3. What part of this book was funniest to you? Why?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.