Step Gently Out / Laughing Tomatoes and Other Spring PoemsApril 1st, 2014 | Posted by in Primary (Grades K-2) | 2013-2014 | April
Step Gently Out by Helen Frost. Photographs by Rick Lieder. Candlewick Press, 2012
1. Do the photographs in this book make you think more about the words? Why or why not?
2. What do you think it means to “step gently out”?
3. How does reading this poem and looking at these photographs make you think differently about insects?
Laughing Tomatoes and Other Spring Poems / jitomates risueños y otros poemas de primvera by Francisco X. Alarcón. Illustrated by Maya Christina Gonzalez. Children’s Book Press, 1997
1. What makes these “spring” poems? Pick one or two of them—how do you think they connect to spring?
2. What are some ways poems are different than a story? Are there ways the two are similar?
3. Do any of the poems in this book feel like they are telling a story? Which one(s) and why?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.