Mighty Mars Rovers / MoonbirdNovember 1st, 2013 | Posted by in November | Middle School | 2013-2014
The Mighty Mars Rovers: The Incredible Adventures of Spirit and Opportunity by Elizabeth Rusch. Houghton Mifflin, 2012
Moonbird: A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95 by Phillip Hoose. Farrar Straus Giroux, 2012
1. What are some of the ways birdwatchers have helped scientists understand the rufa red knot?
2. How does Moonbird’s story show the interconnectedness of ecosystems?
3. How does the Mars Rover story show the interconnectedness of scientific disciplines?
4. Scientists working with the Mars Rovers seemed to develop emotional attachments to Spirit and Opportunity. Did you feelconcern for these pieces of equipment when they encountered problems on Mars or lost communication with Earth? How does that make you feel about research in space?
5. How are these two extraordinarily long journeys similar and different?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.