Picture a Tree / Chavela and the Magic BubbleOctober 1st, 2014 | Posted by in Primary (Grades K-2) | October | 2014-2015
Picture a Tree by Barbara Reid. U.S. edition: Albert Whitman, 2013.
1. According to the author, what are some of the uses of a tree? Can you think of new ways to use trees?
2. What changes do you see in the tree in the book? What changes are taking place with the trees outside? What other changes will occur?
3. How do the pictures help you understand the words?
Chavela and the Magic Bubble by Monica Brown. Illustrated by Magaly Morales. Clarion, 2010.
1. Where does Chavela’s magic bubble take her?
2. What types of trees does Chavela visit? What do people make from these trees?
3. How does Chavela know that her magical trip takes her to her grandmother’s past?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.