A Splash of Red / Kunu’s BasketFebruary 1st, 2015 | Posted by in Primary (Grades K-2) | 2014-2015 | February
A Splash of Red: The Life and Art of Horace Pippin by Jen Bryant. Illustrated by Melissa Sweet. Alfred A. Knopf, 2013.
1. Why do you think the author wants us to learn about Horace Pippin? What did you learn by reading this book?
2. Why does Horace Pippin keep painting even when it is difficult?
3. Why do you think he included a splash of red in each painting?
Kunu’s Basket: A Story from Indian Island by Lee DeCora Francis. Illustrated by Susan Drucker. Tilbury House, 2012.
1. Making a basket is hard work. Why does Kunu persevere in making the basket?
2. How are baskets used in the story?
3. Kunu’s grandfather helps him with his basket. Who helps you when something is difficult?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.