It Jes’ Happened / Hold FastNovember 1st, 2014 | Posted by in Intermediate (Grades 3-5) | November | 2014-2015
1. Do you think the author of this book thinks Bill Traylor’s art is important? What makes you say that? What did you know about Bill Traylor before reading this book? What do you know now? Do you think his work is important?
2. Why did Bill Traylor become an artist? How does the title of the book reflect this?
3. What challenges did Bill Traylor face throughout his life? How did he overcome them?
1. Why do you think the author chose the Langston Hughes poem “Dreams” as one important to Early and her family? How do you think the poem connects to what happens in the story?
2. How did Early’s life change once her dad disappeared? How did Early adapt to life in a public place? How would you?
3. What kind of a person is Early? What things do you learn about her that makes you say that? How does the kind of person she is help her to find her dad? What are the clues that help Early find her dad?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.