Orleans / How I Became a GhostDecember 1st, 2014 | Posted by in Middle School | December | 2014-2015
1. How does the dystopian New Orleans setting shape the characters’ beliefs and actions?
2. How do the points of view of Daniel and Fen differ? What are ways the author differentiates their two perspectives?
3. Safety and trust are two ideas explored in the story. Do any specific elements (scenes, character interactions, etc.) stand out when you think of how either one of these ideas was explored?
How I Became a Ghost by Tim Tingle. The RoadRunner Press, 2013.
1. During the course of the book, Isaac dies and becomes a ghost. How do his relationships with the other character change because of this?
2. How does the author show us ways that Isaac’s point of view is grounded in his identity as a Choctaw as well as his experiences as a child?
3. From the start, the reader knows that Isaac will die. How does this create suspense or tension in the story?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.