Lulu and the Duck in the Park / The Pet ProjectFebruary 1st, 2015 | Posted by in Intermediate (Grades 3-5) | 2014-2015 | February
1. Talk about how Lulu and Mellie and Mrs. Halliday each feel about animals. What in the story makes you say this?
2. What do you think about animals? Which of the characters are you most like when it comes to your feelings about animals and why?
3. What are some of the ways that Lulu and Mellie help each other? How do you help your friends?
The Pet Project: Cute and Cuddly Vicious Verses by Lisa Wheeler. Illustrated by Zachariah Ohora. Atheneum, 2013.
1. What are the steps the narrator completes to determine which pet is best for her?
2. Choose a poem or animal. How does the narrator feel about this animal? What in the text makes you think this? Do you agree with the narrator’s observations? Why?
3. What do you think about the assignment her parent’s gave her? Do you think this is a good way to decide what type of pet is best for her? How would you (or have you) determined what type of pet is best for you?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.