H.O.R.S.E.: / Hoop GeniusMarch 1st, 2015 | Posted by in Intermediate (Grades 3-5) | 2014-2015 | March
1. Did you have trouble deciding who was talking on each page of this book? What helped you to figure out who was speaking?
2. What is the setting of this book? How do you know? How do the illustrations and the text help you to identify the setting?
3. Do you think the characters are friends? What makes you say that?
Hoop Genius: How a Desperate Teacher and a Rowdy Gym Class Invented Basketball by John Coy. Illustrated by Joe Morse. Carolrhoda, 2013.
1. Why did James Naismith invent basketball? What experiences helped James Naismith invent the sport?
2. How or why were some of the rules for basketball formed? How were the original rules different from the basketball we know today? Why do think some of the rules changed?
3. Why do you think basketball is still a popular sport?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.