DECEMBER (1)May 16th, 2017 | Posted by in Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers | 2017-2018 | 2017-2018 Babies, Toddlers & Preschoolers | December
Tickle My Ears by Jörg Mühle. Translated from the German by Catherine Chidgey. U.S. edition: Gecko Press, 2016
In this interactive board book, little white rabbit is poised to react to actions from young readers and listeners, as directed by the narrative voice. Tap him on the shoulder [turn the page] and he turns around. Clap your hands [turn the page] and he’ll put on his pajamas. Eventually the rabbit is tucked into bed. He needs only a good-night kiss and switching off the light. A darkened, final double-page spread shows the little bunny sleeping peacefully. A clever, child- friendly book invites involvement in a bedtime story. (Ages 18 months–3) © Cooperative Children’s Book Center
Try these early literacy activities with children:
- Read: The poem, “Advice to Bunnies”
- Talk: What do you do to get ready for bed?
- Sing: “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” or sing a family lullaby together.
- Write: Have a grown-up rub your back and trace shapes or letters on your back. Can you guess which shapes and letters they are?
- Play: Act out the book’s motions and actions while someone reads the book. Bring favorite toy/blanket to story time.
- Math or Science: Talk about textures. What do you cuddle with at night? Is it hard or soft, smooth or rough?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.