A Ball for Daisy by Chris Raschka. Schwartz & Wade, 2011
1. How can you tell when Daisy is happy? Sad? Curious?
2. What do you think is happening here? (Ask this as you go from page to page to encourage children to use their own words to tell the story as they understand it. You can also have a discussion together, sharing ideas about what is happening on each page.)
3. Daisy feels happy when she has her ball. What is something that makes you feel happy?
Back to School Tortoise by Lucy M. George. Illustrated by Merel Eyckerman. U.S. edition: Albert Whitman, 2011
1. What would you do to get ready for the first day of school?
2. What do you think school will be like?
3. (Adult) Share a memory of a first day of school.