1. What is a paleoartist? What decisions do paleoartists have to make in their work? What are some examples of these decision impact their work?
2. Why do you think this book is called Scaly Spotted Feathered Frilled?
3. How does a paleoartist learn what a dinosaur may have looked like?
The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp by Kathi Appelt. Atheneum, 2013.
1. Whose stories are told in this book? How are these stories connected?
2. In what ways is the setting of this book important to the story? What elements of the story would change if it happened where you live?
3. What does “being a man” mean to Chap? What does “being a man” mean to you?