Always Listen to Your Mother by Florence Parry Heide and Roxanne Heide Pierce. Illustrated by Kyle M. Stone. Disney / Hyperion, 2010
Lockdown by Walter Dean Myers. Amistad / HarperTeen, 2010
1. If you had a friend, like Reese’s friend Toon, who you knew was going to be beaten up, how would you respond?
2. Describe a situation where you overreacted in some way. How could you have handled it differently?
3. Describe ways Reese was “locked down.”
Always in Trouble by Corinne Demas. Illustrated by Noah Z. Jones. Scholastic Press, 2009
1. What kinds of things can you try to do to keep a pet out of trouble?
2. Toby stayed with Miss Katz for a week. What do you think she did to train Toby?
3. Which picture in the book made you laugh the most? Why?