Preparing for Submission
Preparing Booktrailers for Submission
- COLLECT: Gather digital content on the editing computer. (Skip to the COMPRESS step if you have a finished project.)
- COMPOSE: Make a digital movie with an editor like Apple’s iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or QuickTime Pro. Use these or any video application that can compress audio in AAC format, compress video in H.264 format, and save the compressed content as a MP4 file (this is the preferred format for submission. ROW can also accept booktrailers in the .mov format).
- COMPRESS: Choose the H.264 codec to shrink the video and the AAC codec to shrink the audio. This will likely be combined with the CONVERT step in your application.
- CONVERT: Save the compressed audio and video in a MP4 file for streaming on the Internet. Remember to save a “hint” track to allow streaming.
- COPY: Upload the MP4 file to the ROW web site. (See the steps below on how to upload a booktrailer.)
PLEASE MAKE SURE your Booktrailer includes information about the book–author, title, publisher (this can be conveyed visually and/or via voiceover). Also, let us know who YOU are–first name and, if applicable, the school or library where you did made the booktrailer.
How to Upload Booktrailers
- Open the Read On Wisconsin (http://readon.education.wisc.edu/) web site in a browser.
- Click on the “Booktrailers” menu and choose “Upload Booktrailers”.
- Click on the “Log in” link if you are not logged in yet.
- After logging in, click the “Select File” button to choose a video to upload from your computer.
- Once a file is chosen and its name appears in the web page, click the “Upload File” button to copy it to the ROW site.
- Logout when you are finished visiting the site.
What Happens Next?
Once you have uploaded your booktrailer, ROW staff will review it. Once they have approved the booktrailer, they will send it to TeachingBooks.net, which is hosting ROW booktrailers on their streaming server. TeachingBooks.net staff will upload the booktrailer and send the url to ROW staff, who will then add the link to the ROW web site. You will be notified when your booktrailer is up on the site and available for viewing.