Cradle Me by Debby Slier. Star Bright Books, 2012
1. What are some of the places you go to sleep? (e.g., crib, bed, couch, floor, car seat, etc.)
2. Let’s do all the things that babies in the pictures are doing (yawn, peek, etc.).
3. (Adult) Invite child to turn the pages as you read. Point to each of the words as you read it.
While You Are Sleeping: A Lift-the-Flap Book of Time Around the World by Durga Bernhard. Charlesbridge, 2011
1. Lift the flap (gently!) What is the person under the flap doing? (Ask on each page)
2. What are some things that might be happening while you are sleeping?
3. (Adult) Point to where you live on the map on the book’s endpapers.
The Twins’ Blanket by Hyewon Yum. Frances Foster Books / Farrar Straus Giroux, 2011
1. What do you notice about the paper inside the front and back covers? (Ask after reading the book)
2. What is different about each girl? What is the same?
3. What does your blanket look and feel like? (Encourage discussion of color, pattern, texture, etc.)