Carry Me by Rena D. Grossman. Star Bright Books, 2009
1. How do you like to be carried?
2. Is there a way to be carried shown in the book that you’d like to try?
3. What patterns, colors or textures do you see in the pictures?
1. “Pecan Pie Baby” is a nickname. Do you or does anyone you know have nicknames?
2. Why do you think Gia isn’t as excited about the baby as everyone around her seems to be?
3. Gia enjoys doing a lot of things with the adults in her life. What do you enjoy doing with the adults in your life?
4. What do you think Gia and the baby will do together?
Always in Trouble by Corinne Demas. Illustrated by Noah Z. Jones. Scholastic Press, 2009
1. What kinds of things can you try to do to keep a pet out of trouble?
2. Toby stayed with Miss Katz for a week. What do you think she did to train Toby?
3. Which picture in the book made you laugh the most? Why?